[wp-hackers] Maximum # of users

Robin Adrianse shorty114 at shorty114.net
Sat Feb 3 17:38:32 GMT 2007

ID's aren't reused. They're AUTO_INCREMENT, which means that once an ID is
used, it skips ahead. That's why post ID's and etc jump all around if you
delete a post, etc.

If the 2 billion mark is really a problem, you may be able to switch some
stuff in the database around (column types). But 2 billion is about 1/3 of
the world's population... I don't think WP.com is even going to hit that
very soon. Keep in mind that # of blogs != # of users. A lot of users have
more than one blog attached to their username.