[wp-hackers] Maximum # of users

Angsuman Chakraborty angsuman at taragana.com
Sat Feb 3 07:37:25 GMT 2007

> I  really don't think 2 billion is anything we need to worry about for
now.

I heard that before in an enterprise software startup I was part of (it was
successful and is now part of GE in case you are interested). We hit the 2
billion mark way sooner than expected because id's were being allocated in
batches (similiar to ip address problem) and lots of unused id's were left
in the middle. Anyway the point I am trying to drive home is that
wordpress.com, rather than any individual blog, may reach the limit
reasonably soon. Also I don't know if id's are reused, I don't think it is.

My two cents...
Angsuman
http://blog.taragana.com/