[wp-hackers] WordPress and GPLv3

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Dec 28 18:59:04 GMT 2007

I tend to be of the opinion that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Otto, Roy, whomever:

Can anyone give us a _specific_, _concrete_, and _compelling_ reason
why remaining with GPL2 is BAD, or why moving to GPL3 is GOOD.
_Specifically_, as relates to WordPress: How is WordPress _harmed_ by
remaining with v2, or how is it _improved_ by moving to v3.

Beyond those questions, this is really all academic and mostly off-
topic.

Stephen

P.S. -- I do actually find this discussion interesting when it
doesn't degenerate into "who's being offensive"; but let's bring it
back to Earth, and back to practicalities related to _our specific
software_.