[wp-hackers] Re: Unanswered tickets

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:49:59 GMT 2007

James Davis wrote:
> spencerp wrote:
>

>> I'm not taking it personal. =) I posted the ticket urls in an attempt to
>> get something done with them quicker. (Either; commit it, or forget it
>> wise)  I know you all check Trac if you want to work on something
>> specific and etc. But for example: #2648 .... would/could sit there for
>> weeks more, or maybe even bumped to another version by accident, or
>> something... when really it could just be deleted NOW... not later...
>>

> Nothing is stopping you. If you find a ticket that can be clearly be
> resolved without a developer's attention and any dispute, then do so
> (making sure you state your reasoning in the ticket). The worst that can
> happen is someone will reopen the ticket which should lead to a
> constructive discussion. :-)
>
> James
I agree with you on this. But I'm not one of those people to just close
other peoples tickets and such. Just like in the support forums,
moderators don't go by marking threads "Resolved" that other people
started.. They COULD do it.. but they choose NOT to do it. I follow the
same ethics as the forums. If it's not mine... I'm not going to go out
of my way and close it or whatever.

I merely pointed it out, to bring attention to it quicker. I wasn't sure
if the ticket submitter is on this list or not, but figured how could it
hurt sending it through anyway. A few were OLD OLD ones, some not so
old, etc etc... but as each day goes by, those tickets sit there.. while
release date nears...And only the actual people with "svn commit rights"
can do what they want with them...