[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Fri Dec 7 00:42:33 GMT 2007

Note also that in the context of deciding whether something should be
included in a GPL software package Akismet is also non-free insofar as
it is a closed system and thus not Free Software/Open Source .

Even though the plugin itself is GPL (i think) putting Akismet
directly into WP would be a bit of a slag to the  hardcore Free
Software people who would rather run their own setup completely using
open code. Not sure if that's what bob was getting at, but it's
another valid reason to both consider Akismet not free and to keep
Akismet out of core Wordpress.

Jeremy Clarke
http://simianuprising.com

p.s. I <3 and use Akismet.