[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:42:32 GMT 2007

Stephen Rider wrote:
> -1 on this.
>
> Unless it's "on" be default there's no reason for it to be in core (it
> needs to be "activated" regardless), and reasons for it _not_ to be
> (clutters up options if you don't use it).
>
> Stephen

Just wondering though, couldn't it be "on" by default, then have an
option some where to turn it "off" when needed as well? I mean, that's
what is done with the RTE right? Maybe just add this to the User section
as well, right around the RTE enabling stuff. User can tick it "off" or
"on" at their desire. Most users now know to have their key for it
anyway. And if they don't remember it or whatever, just add some text
for a reminder that's linked to the proper place for it...