[wp-hackers] Adding wp-includes/class folder

jacobsantos at branson.com jacobsantos at branson.com
Fri Aug 31 16:24:30 GMT 2007

Makes sense. When I submit the patch for XMLRPC, I'll update it to
exclude the changes I made to IXR.

I think at this moment the least amount of restructuring as possible is
needed. So while I also think the Factory model would be nice in several
areas. If the devs would accept a simplified version, it would be easier
to get on board with the more complex restructuring.

I think the Database Access Abstraction Layer is another good candidate
for the factory model, even with it technically being an external
library. However, this implies more work and I've yet to figure out a
good way to think about a easy way to get around the differences of SQL.

Ideas

1. Have a object for each SQL platform supported with only SQL. I've
decided against this.
2. Have functions that returns just the SQL for that API. Just as bad as 1.
3. XML? Eh.

Probably just keep it as it is for the SQL, but allow for the query
layer to be updated.

Jacob Santos