[wp-hackers] Hacking Registration To Allow Users To Specify Passwords

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 06:34:43 GMT 2007

Thanks for this. So basically I now use add_action to hook into
register_post, writing a function that sets the password to an
additional user field. How would I suppress the e-mail? Is this the
correct way to do it?

 Would the second thing I asked for (user clicks a link and confirms
the account) involve whacking another "switch" in wp-login.php to note
when a randomly generated string confirms the e-mail. This would need
to add another field to wp_users which would potentially hash up
future upgrades, no?

Is all of this in the latest wordpress or is it in the svn only?

Alex