[wp-hackers] Templatedia, a new work in progress plugin

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Aug 30 13:37:30 GMT 2007

I was bored the other day, in the mood to code, and surfing when it occurred
to me that Wikipedia / MediaWiki's template system would work well as a
template system for posts. For example, a box that says "download this
plugin" with a fancy icon and all that. You could simply do
{{downloadbox|file.zip}} and it'd put the box's HTML there along with the
right link.

So, partially as a coding challenge to myself but as well as to develop a
plugin I figured some people might get some use out of, I present you all my
new plugin: Templatedia

At 100 lines of code, it's a lot simpler than I expected it to be, but then
again it has no user interface yet and is still missing some advanced
template abilities that the original MediaWiki format has.

If you'd like to check out what I have so far, I've pastebin'ed it:
http://wp-hackers.pastebin.com/f3c38ad72

Be warned -- it may not the best way to go about doing this feature. I came
up with it from scratch and didn't use anything as a basis in terms of code.
I'm also really inexperienced when it comes to regex, so no laughing please.
:P

Feature suggestions and comments are welcome, especially at this early stage
when it's still easy to change things. ;)

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/