[wp-hackers] Proposal for comment moderation support in XML-RPC API

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Aug 29 10:33:53 GMT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:20:06 +1000, Bogdan Ghervan <bghervan at adobe.com>
wrote:
> Now I want to be able to retrieve and approve comments directly from my
> app, something that the API doesn't endorse. I have already started
> writing the methods that can handle this type of operations and I need
> to know how to submit them. Is it OK to commit the changes to the
> repository?

> Should I go and submit my proposal as a feature by pushing a ticket into
> trac?

All commits to WP go through a bit of a community review via Trac and then
get commited by a select few people into the core codebase.

Create a Trac Ticket with what you'd like to achieve, You can attach
Patches for the functionality to the Ticket as well.

I'm sure those who mainly deal with the RPC would be willing to look into
your enhancement ideas.

As for when they'd be available in a WordPress Release, I think new
enhancement like that would be slated for 2.4(Whenever thats due out --
Mid Jan?) rather than a 2.3.x "bugfix" release, But i might be wrong
there, I'm not fully sure of what the line is for when something is/isnt
put into .x releases.