[wp-hackers] protecting wp-content/plugins ?

jacobsantos at branson.com jacobsantos at branson.com
Mon Aug 20 18:04:18 GMT 2007

I sometimes wonder if it is worth working on WordPress, and this kind of
stuff explains why. Of course, the alternative is to spend a couple of
years building a system from the ground up, so the choice remains to
continue with WordPress.

Whatever solution, but security through obscurity isn't a bad solution,
it justs gets a bad name because that is the only *security* implemented
(lack of validation, sanitizing, etc). I think the easiest solution,
with notes on codex is best, in my opinion.

Jacob Santos