[wp-hackers] Files associated with table *_users

Curt Woodard clwoodard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:59:45 GMT 2007

Well, I started messing around with a test plug-in... it's a bit
tricky trying to find exactly when and where to do things. But,
basically I've come to this conclusion:

I think, if I override the functions in pluggables.php that use
$wpdb->users and $wpdb->usermeta, I might just be able to sneak in the
SMF functions I need to pull that data instead.

I can use SMF groups to simulate the Roles and let WP deal with the
Capabilities assigned to the roles. Of course, the 10 levels would be
user configurable in the plug-in to point to the different user groups
in SMF.

So, if I can just map the SMF fields to the WP fields (WP 2.2.2) I may
be golden.

So, basically:
Override:
    wp_login
    get_userdata
    get_userdatabylogin

And map SMF fields to WP fields so WP is tricked into thinking they
came from the WP database.

I might have to work on all the user stuff that can be overridden, but
I'll have to look at that as well.

Does this sound about right to you guys?