[wp-hackers] protecting wp-content/plugins ?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 13:17:38 GMT 2007

On 8/18/07, James Davis <james at freecharity.org.uk> wrote:

> The problem is a server wide one and should be fixed at that level if
> you really care about it. Placing an index file in the directory only
> masks the problem for a single application.

A point which would have legitimacy, were we a web-focused sysadmin
mailing list.   Seeing as we are concerned with the development of
WordPress and what we can do to alleviate the problem as far as WP is
concerned, I'd say a few index.php/index.html files scattered about is
the SMALLEST step we can take, and an easy one to boot.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/