[wp-hackers] Files associated with table *_users

Marcos Sader | marcosmedia m at marcosmedia.com
Sat Aug 18 08:04:50 GMT 2007

On 8/18/07, Curt Woodard <clwoodard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matt, Alex, thanks for the swift replies.
>
> Matt: I don't use linux, I'm on Windows... I suppose I could install
> grep for Win32 if it exists...

I'm sure your IDE, text editor or even dreamweaver! have a search tool you
can use instead of grep.

Alex: I was thinking that as well, I'd just have to figure out how to
> write the plugin and then how to interface everything with SMF. I'd
> need to be able to replace everything dealing with WP logins with SMF
> SSI calls. Do you know of any information available to allow me to
> write a plugin that replaces all of this? I've already looked at the
> two databases and am in the process of mapping what fields in WP would
> match with those in SMF and could probably, very easily, write a
> wrapper that places the SMF user data in the format that
> wp_get_current_user uses... I'll have to see what I can do.

Once i had to bridge five different systems, 3 php, one jsp and one asp, all
using the user data stored on a central database which was updated and
maintained through a sixth system, that i have no access to, all i had was a
papper with the API results structure.

So, since the customer wanted to still use the user system he Had, and was
reluctant about modifying wordpress or using a plugin, i just made a script
that would periodically (cron) update the wordpress database using the
central server data, it was quite easy, took me a few hours and none of the
systems got affected ;)

One drawback, user data changed in the wordpress panel will not be reflected
in the central database.

PS are there archives for this list?

Yup http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/

Thanks again for the swift replies.