[wp-hackers] Why kses filtered html strips class?

jacobsantos at branson.com jacobsantos at branson.com
Thu Aug 2 20:03:26 GMT 2007

Why don't you use something like HTML Purifier and overwrite the default
Kses for editors? HTML Purifier and a WordPress plugin can be found at
http://htmlpurifier.org .

If it isn't whitelisted, then it is removed. From reading kses.php, from
what I can gather is that there are two whitelists. One that has major
permissions, I guess for Administrators and one that is a more
restrictive version.