[wp-hackers] Varnish and WordPress

Knut-Olav Hoven hovenko at linpro.no
Thu Aug 2 19:16:16 GMT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 11:46:06 Paveo Chen wrote:
> Is there any one using Varnish HTTP accelerator for WordPress site?

Yes.

I use Varnish 1.0.4 in front of a highly customized WordPress site (lots of
plugins, trying to keep the WordPress core mostly unchanged).

> I try it with the default vcl.conf, it's working and make site faster, but
> it has some problems, for example, generate blank page sometimes, images
> load incorrectly, page can't update(like post comments)...

I have no such problems.

It even works perfect to display different frontpages based on cookies.

> Can someone give me a nice Varnish's configuration file for WordPress?

I use an empty configuration

> The Bests,
>
> Paveo Chen
> 2007-08-02

Knut-Olav Hoven
Systemutvikler               mob: +47 986 71 700
Linpro AS                    http://www.linpro.no/