[wp-hackers] how often does the cron job run for wordpress.org extend/plugins?

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 30 19:02:50 GMT 2007

Several cron jobs conspire to make the plugin directory update, and
each runs hourly.

Short story:  If you check in some changes before the hour, but you
don't see the changes by fifteen minutes after the hour, either
there's a bug/server problem, or you've done something wrong.

Common problems:

1.  If you want the plugin directory to base it's info on a
particular tag, you must edit the readme file in the *trunk*
directory so that it points to that tag with the "Stable Tag:" line.

2.  The plugin directory completely ignores everything outside the
trunk and tags directories.  Custom directories are useless and the
branches directory is ignored (but is potentially useful to you in
development).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Here's a few links to the docs in case anyone's missed them.

FAQ: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/faq/
Readme Standard: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt
Readme Validator: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/validator/