[wp-hackers] Reminder: Survey for plug-in, theme and hack developers. Please participate!

Jochem Donkers jodo04ab at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:15:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

On April 24 I sent an e-mail to this mailing list with the request
(see text below) to complete a survey about the barriers that users
face when they are developing WordPress plug-ins, themes, and hacks.
So far I have received 51 responses, but I would like to get some
more. Thus, hereby I would like to ask to those that did not complete
the survey yet to take five minutes to do so. I would really
appreciate your help.

The URL for the survey is: http://tinyurl.com/35nbek

Furthermore, to those of you that have responded to the survey I would
like to thank you!

Kind regards,
Jochem

==========================
E-mail from April 24, 2007
==========================
Hi,

Hereby, I would like to invite you to participate in a survey about
the barriers that user innovators (as WordPress' plug-in, theme and
hack developers) face in their development process. This survey is
part of a master thesis research project that I am currently
completing at Copenhagen Business School (Denmark).

-------
Link to survey: http://tinyurl.com/35nbek
-------

The objective of this project is to investigate and describe the
barriers that user innovators are confronted with during their
innovative endeavors (e.g. building WordPress extensions).
Understanding the characteristics of these 'barriers' is an important
aspect of understanding the 'user innovation' phenomena. When vendors
of products have a good comprehension of the 'user innovation' concept
they will be able to provide better tools to users that would like to
modify or innovate on top of the standard product. The aim of this
survey is to gather the necessary data that will enables me to analyze
and describe the barriers.

In the WordPress context this survey is aimed at successful or
unsuccessful developers of plug-ins, themes and (source code) hacks. I
selected the WordPress user community because of its size, activity
and the opportunities for innovation and modification that are
available to users with various levels of technical capabilities.

Please, click on the following link to complete the survey. Completing
the survey will take you approximately five minutes.

Sruvey URL: http://tinyurl.com/35nbek

In the final section of the end of the survey you can leave your name
and e-mail address so that I can share the findings of my study with
you. If you prefer anonymity, please point your RSS reader to
http://userinnovation.wordpress.com/.

Kind regards,
Jochem

http://userinnovation.wordpress.com