[wp-hackers] Bug in the Mailing List?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:35:06 GMT 2007

On 4/24/07, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:

> Doug Stewart wrote:
> > On 4/24/07, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> >
> >> (I can vouch its not Outlook [which is the best email client, honestly]
> >
> > I would loooooove to have a bit of what you're smoking, honestly.  *grin*
>
> Don't want to start a war or anything, but honestly, Office 2007 is just
> great. Especially Outlook.
>
> I'm a hard-core Windows programmer that loves Linux. The whole time I'm
> in my LFS or in Ubuntu, the one (and only) thing I miss from Windows is
> Outlook.
>
> Thunderbird is weak (even with extensions), buggy, and only a mail client.

1) You specified email, not PIM.

2) Have you tried T-Bird 2.0?  Very nice.  IMAP speed is greatly
increased, the new tagging is useful and the message history Forward
and Back buttons are very handy.  Worth a look, most def.

> Evolution isn't even on-par with Outlook XP.
> KMail is very disjoint and unorganized - and very buggy.
>
> Outlook gives me a ton of features (and I disable the bloat like HTML
> and stuff), has a most-wonderful interface, is very easy to use, has a
> ton-load of options (yes, more than Thunderbird), and works great out of
> the box.

It's also for-pay.  I haven't paid for an email client since Eudora
and I don't intend on doing so any time soon.  Free and great beats
fee and perfect at least when it comes to email.  *grin*

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/