[wp-hackers] Reactivate All Plugins

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri Apr 20 18:55:42 GMT 2007

Brian Layman wrote:
> It would be nice if, as it did the deactivated all process, it built a list
> the activated plugins that it was touching.  Then when it reactivated the
> plugins, it would only activate those that it had deactivated.
>
> I don't keep all of my plugins active.  There are some I am trying, some I
> am developing, some that have broken after an upgrade and I'd like to fix
> some time, etc.  So, the Activate-All feature would actually break my
> site(s) if it wasn't smart enough to restore the site to how it found it.

That's exactly how it works: When you 'Deactivate All', it saves a list
of your currently activated plugins. Then when you 'Reactivate All', it
only reactivates the previously active batch.

Perhaps 'Reactivate ALL' is bad wording. Any suggestions for better
terminology? 'Reactivate Previously Deactivated Plugins' seems kind of
long for the button :)

Perhaps 'Reactivate Plugin Bundle'? Or maybe 'Batch'?

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/