[wp-hackers] MySQL HEAP Persistent Object Cache

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:47:42 GMT 2007

On 4/19/07, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
> How much will the shared hosting administrators hate you (us?) for
> implementing something that tries to take advantage of something shared
> hosters should be able to do? ;)
>
> I'd be interested to find out if there's a way to run a MySQL command
> set that will test/verify whether this will work on a given shared host,
> and whether it is worth it (i.e., do they actually allocate enough ram
> to mysql to make it useful).

Each row to this table should take up a little bit more than 1KB, I'm
going to take a stab and say approximately 1042 bytes. The number of
rows this cache will take depends a lot on the individual blogs, but
I'd say most blogs don't have enough data sitting in their persistent
cache to eat all the MySQL RAM. One of the things I intend to add is a
simple constant you can edit to limit the maximum number of rows in
the table that are cached.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com