[wp-hackers] proposal: context based urls

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 21:01:57 GMT 2007

I'm confused -- nice URIs can do most of this today, though obviously
you've made it a big more discreet.  While I don't know that it has
quite the 'registered callback' handling methodology, the permalink
format can already handle complex things, pages get their own top level
name, and I wouldn't want extraneous parameters added in necessarily.

And yes, plugins using the rewrite system can already tap in and define
unique URI elements for redirecting.  I do this for a next version of
CG-Amazon to 'understand' that an incoming URI is meant for me to show
particular product data in a page, or in other plugins for things like
alternatives to categories (tagging systems, etc.).

-d