[wp-hackers] Taxonomy Schema Proposal

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Wed Apr 18 12:53:26 GMT 2007

18/apr/07, 14:45, Jamie Talbot:

> Not many people have commented on this thread, despite the large
> number of people who were vocally
> opposed to the existing schema.  Does this mean people approve of
> this new, suggested direction, or
> are there any better solutions out there?
By my side, I'm just reading on and on, learning a whole bunch of
things about db design that I didn't know.
So I'm here, sitting, in mute-mode, and taking notes :-)

My worthless opinion is that,  if categories aren't tags and tags
aren't categories, I don't understand why I find mixed categories and
tags in the manage-> categories page, as well as on the dashboard, so
I think that splitting in some way would work fine. Apart from that,
db is not my favourite playground,  so I'm really not able to say
anything about that design. Just sitting and learning (and lurking,
in this case..).

Paolo