[wp-hackers] MySQL MEMORY worth using for an object cache?

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Apr 17 22:40:34 GMT 2007

Computer Guru wrote:
> my blog issues 36-44 queries per requested page (thanks to WP's badly designed db layer that makes all these plugins issue separate queries for their stuff).

That seems like a very odd thing to blame on WP, could you explain?

> Switch your WP tables to Innodb. WP (by default) doesn't require any MyISAM-specific features. Innodb is far faster for most SQL usages (the exception being constant real-time logging of server requests, etc)

I would recommend doing this, but only if you have innodb properly
configured. The key settings are innodb_buffer_pool_size,
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size, and innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com