[wp-hackers] should (can?) wp-cache be adopted into the core?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Apr 17 05:42:55 GMT 2007

I'd say that's a great idea - but for the fact that _before_ adding
WP-Cache, WP runs 100% on all ECMA-standard platforms.

If the same code for PHP on Linux - once compiled into a Windows binary -
doesn't yield the same results...
I know this isn't Ricardo's fault (we've corresponded at length with regards
to the Windows/IIS issue) and it's mostly just PHP with their ridiculous
bugs on Windows to blame; but it just doesn't seem right to include
something that renders WP only partially compatible on systems that
*shouldn't* have any compatibility problems.

Statictize runs on Windows however...

IMO, _if_ WP chooses to integrate a caching system (I'm onboard with that
idea :), we should either stick the limited-but-still-compatible Statictize
or else go through Gallir's WP-Cache with a toothpick and fix that
problem... I pulled an all-nighter going through it and debugging every
step, and just for some odd reason, code that would work on Windows on other
scripts wasn't working right there.. I gave up after 8 hours.

Just my 2 cents.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/