[wp-hackers] Grab a seat. On Delaying 2.2, separating tables

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Apr 16 09:27:11 GMT 2007

Peter Westwood wrote:
> We shouldn't need lots of snazy features to compel people to upgrade.

Well, at least amoung the folks I've talked to new features seem to be
the primary motivator for upgrades, even over security fixes. I'm not
saying that's right, but just reality. At least one "hook" is needed, a
release should appeal to people's emotional side as well.

> We have too many bugs that languish around and don't get fixed while we
> concentrate on adding new features.

Given the feature vs bugfix ratio in 2.2, I think we're safely over that
bump. :)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com