[wp-hackers] A "terms" table

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 23:40:29 GMT 2007

Matt wrote:
> Or, we could pull the Tags out of Trunk, then release what's in Trunk as
> 2.1.4, then carry on resolving and working on all these problems that are
> coming up for 2.2, and release it in a month or 2...
>
> On 4/15/07, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:

>> stick to
>> month
>> >
>> > Tagging was supposed to go in at the beginning of the 2.2 cycle, but
>> > this debate delayed its entry until late in the cycle and is delaying
>> > things still.  Things were supposed to be locked down long ago, but
>> > here we are.
>>
>> I am not opposed to ripping it all out and starting fresh as soon as
>> 2.2 is out the door.

Oh Jesus! Stop the crazy talk people... :P Like Ryan said basically,
"we're" already behind on that and just ripping it all out now would be
crazy. I just manually adjusted TONS of my posts from that UTW tag
import crap deal the other day. And made a tag cloud fer it and all that
good mushy stuff...

WP 2.2 has some more changes since 2.1.X, but shite, not by much. With
Tags in now, and the talk going on about splitting db tables, just move
the release date forward. It's easier to do that, then rip out what's
already been added... At the rate folks are talking about.. that SC2
integration into the core will make it in around WP 2.7 or greater lmao!
*sarcasm* of course! :P

spencerp