[wp-hackers] A "terms" table

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:11:51 GMT 2007

On 4/15/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> 4. I'm open
>
> I'm not personally tied to any code written thus far and if I think the
> best thing is.
>
> There is a separate but related decision around what to do about the
> release date. Based on the discussion here I'm going to make go/no-go
> decision on Tuesday.
>
> If we do delay I think we should laser-focus on tags and now allow other
> pet-issues to creep in, and I will fully expect people to put in as much
> time writing code and fixing bugs as they have arguing points on mailing
> lists, IRC, and trac. At the very least I hope we've learned a bit more
> about getting these things out of the way early rather than a week or
> two before a release. Also if something is sitting in trac, take it to
> the hackers list early.

I really wish we would've learned something about checking in heavy
changesets within a week of release time, but every major release
proves otherwise. I personally think if we're going to try to stick to
a fixed release schedule for this release and future releases, that
throwing major things like tagging into the core within the last month
of the cycle is a big step backwards.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com