[wp-hackers] UTW and WordPress

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Apr 15 17:45:08 GMT 2007

I disagree, I think it's very easy to separate the two:

Tags, Synonyms, Renaming Tags, Deleting Tags, Linking Tags to Technorati,
Tag Archive Pages == Features

Changing the way tags look, dynamic adding and removing of tags, allowing
end-users to tag pages, allowing end-users to change tags, ajax tagging
system, in-post tagging == Unnecessary

All IMHO, but I'm just going by what I've seen in the blogging world.
Aaron, you manage the systems for a blogging network - wouldn't you agree
that features and bloat can be separated rather easily?

I wrote an article on "standardized" tagging a while back, and I the
comments there (mostly Slashdot users, blog engine developers, and Web 2.0
startups based on tagging) pretty much sum-up what tagging is all about -
and address some of the difficulties in concept though the code would be
almost impossible to develop:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/the-need-for-creating-tag-standards/

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies