[wp-hackers] UTW and WordPress

Aaron Brazell abrazell at b5media.com
Sun Apr 15 16:30:28 GMT 2007

TWO of the four things were post-WP 2.1. I Just upgraded out network
to 2.1 a month ago. The inflated pageviews and broken permalinks were
2.0.

The way I see consideration for a plugin is by asking the question:

Is it feature frozen and if so, how often are bugfixes released?

If it's not feature frozen, it shouldn't be considered for the core
unless its a new major version coming out. Ongoing development cycle
for a plugin, while great for users, is not great for core
consideration.

Is there more than one b ugfix release a month? If so, it probably is
not stable enough to be in the core?

UTW is in constant release cycle and in February, there were 3 bug
fix releases (granted 2.1 related btu why not have ONE bugfix release
for 2.1?)

A better candidate for core inclusion is Subscribe 2 Comments. I
wonder why that still has not been at least bundled.

--
Aaron Brazell
Technology Manager, b5media

web:: www.b5media.com, www.technosailor.com