[wp-hackers] Timezone in RSS feeds

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 23:45:26 GMT 2007

As the author of yet-another feed parser library (CG-FeedRead), I
generally have to agree with Geoffrey here.  The timestamps should be
the same timestamps published on the blog itself, the data for those
timestamps is in the db, shown to readers on the web, thus there's no
"bother".  Converting from 'native TZ' to GMT is actually losing a bit
of information (that arguably could be served up elsewhere in the feed,
say the TZ of the blog as an element... but I digress... ;) ).  The data
should be consistent whether it's on the web or via RSS or other format,
as it is the same post/article/data in every case.  I'd say that while
it's a seemingly less-important detail to 'retain' that extra piece of
data, I see no reason why WP can't output it as normal.  All IMHO! ;) ;)

-d