[wp-hackers] Timezone in RSS feeds

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Apr 10 20:32:45 GMT 2007

OK, then you should understand fully why it doesn't matter to the end user
what timezone it was published in.

I'm in +2 GMT. I don't give a damn whether Scoble was having lunch or dinner
when he made his last post - All I care is when it was published.

UTC is the universal base standard for times. Hence, it's only natural that
it *and only it* should be in the feed.

I don't what a user would benefit in knowing what the local time was for the
person doing the publishing. RSS feeds are served to the user, everything
tailored to fit... So why not the timezone too?

Why break standards and conventions for something as pointless as local TZ
data?

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/