[wp-hackers] Timezone in RSS feeds

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Apr 10 16:32:37 GMT 2007

2007/4/10, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar at googlemail.com>:
> I can't think of any aggregator that doesn't support the timezone
> offset…

I think you are both right. Usually aggregators don't have problems
parsing a valid RFC822 date and in fact it doesn't matter if we give
them a GMT or a "-1144" date. Thus GMT is a perfect choice. However I
have this awkward feeling of losing the real posting time.

<sigh> I know everybody will see the time of my posting reflected
through the prism of her aggrerator, but I would feel better if I know
that the midnight hour, I had finished my writing in, hasn't
evaporated in those endless timezone battlefields.</sigh>

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.