db tables + file system directory limitations was( Re: [wp-hackers] State of WP )

Dr. Mike Wendell theapparatus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:38:38 GMT 2007

On 4/9/07, Lloyd Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Dr. Mike Wendell <theapparatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On your own? I have limited understanding of how this works, but I
> think I have seen Mu forum threads that describe in detail approaches
> to do this, but you are correct, I have not seen any one reason the
> code. It would seem to be a fairly trivial problem though.

I've kicked out a couple of ideas but no, I've not sat down and worked
out the code either.  My latest idea is to move the master tables into
their own database while adding a record to wp_blogs assigning that
blog to a specific additonal database.

Either that or the "Ok, the first letter of the blog is an 'a' so lets
put that in the 'a' database" method.

Now that most of my seasonal volenteerrism is now over, maybe I'll get the time.

Regards,
-drmike

--
Blog: http://drmikessteakdinner.com