[wp-hackers] State of WP

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Apr 9 19:32:20 GMT 2007

> Brian Layman wrote:
> > MySQL, to be brutally honest, is not a very mature database system.
> > DrMike has already told you that MySQL cannot handle that capacity.
>
> I would pretty strongly disagree with both of these.

May I ask what you are comparing it to? Because I'm looking at PGSQL, MSSQL,
Oracle, etc. and I see that MySQL is the buggiest and least powerful
solution.

Obviously it's a relative statement, but I think that it's an accurate one.
MySQL is lite, free, and fast - because it doesn't do much as far as RDBMS
go. It does enough for what small to mid-size platforms need, but there is a
lot it doesn't do and a lot of ground for it to cover to catch up with the
rest.

My only problem with MySQL is - why should I spend my time on a promising
SQL Backend when other more mature and non-lacking systems already exist,
both in the open source and commercial markets.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/