[wp-hackers] State of WP

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Apr 9 19:22:42 GMT 2007

Brian Layman wrote:
> MySQL, to be brutally honest, is not a very mature database system.
> DrMike has already told you that MySQL cannot handle that capacity.

I would pretty strongly disagree with both of these.

The nice thing about MU is that as long as your number of blogs is
smaller than the number of blogs listed on the WordPress.com, there is
someone who has already dealt with any issues you'll run into along the way.

If you already have a setup with LBs, webs, and slaves I would say you
have most of the expertise needed to scale WP to very high levels already.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com