[wp-hackers] State of WP

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Apr 9 18:31:50 GMT 2007

I believe Google runs their own custom filesystem and custom database, but I
could be wrong....

If they don't - they should. You can get up to 2000% performance boost by
writing a job-specific rdbms instead of using a generic like
Oracle/MySQL/PGSQL/ETC

There was an entire tutorial + benchmarks up on /. a couple of months ago..
I'll see if I can find the link.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/