[wp-hackers] State of WP

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:06:01 GMT 2007

On 4/9/07, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:
> > In my testing with extremely heavy loads on limited hardware, Oracle and
> > MSSQL proved to be the most reliable - so long as the applications
> wereproperly coded (and
> > unfortunately, best performance was achieved using
> > non-ANSI SQL queries... :(
>
> I've not met anyone that was actually really happy with their Oracle system.
> They just sort of co-existed with it.  :)  I'm sure they are around, I just
> haven't bumped into them yet.

Certified Oracle DBAs are very happy with their installs - they
provide them 8 hours of "tuning" work per day and virtually assure
years of "productive" employment for said DBAs.  *grin*

Seriously, sometimes it feels as though they make it more difficult
than it needs to be simply to feel more "enterprise-y" so that
purchasing agents and IT managers get warm fuzzies whenever they think
about their prized Oracle installs.

Meanwhile, my engineers all use MySQL and get real work done.  *chuckle*

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/