[wp-hackers] WordPress API Enhancements

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Sun Apr 8 15:56:46 GMT 2007

I only recently discovered the WordPress API enhancements that are
being added for 2.2 to the xmlrpc.php implementation. It looks like
this changeset is where the bulk of the functionality was added:

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/4793

But I don't see an associated ticket, or any clues as to where I can
read up on the reasoning that went into these changes.

In particular I'd like to know if there was a debate around whether
to invent the extensions instead of taking a Drupal-like approach and
overloading "blog ID" to refer to the various asset types on the system.

For example in Drupal the "pages" can be accessed using the usual
MovableType API, as long as you specify "page" as the blog ID.

Is there a mail thread, or Trac ticket discussion, where the details
of this implementation were ironed out? I'd like to get the
background story if it exists. In the meantime I'm going to report a
couple issues for the record that might invite some discussion (if
late, sorry).

Daniel