[wp-hackers] Automatic Upgrades with InstantUpgrade plugin

Diwaker Gupta diwaker.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:21:49 GMT 2007

> Now I actually have an idea how those issues could be overcome, but this
> is quite "adventuresome": I want to open an FTP session with the user's
> credentials and let the plugin do the upgrading via FTP. I think this
> would pretty much eliminate all file permission issues.

I'm not sure what the list thinks of this, since FTP is clearly
advocated as one of the upgrade methods on the Codex as well. However,
FTP is hopelessly insecure. As a user, I would _never_ use something
that forces me to use FTP. As a developer, I would _never_ write
something that uses FTP by default.

Just my 2c.

Diwaker
--