[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin Update Checker

ozgreg wphackers at galleryembedded.com
Wed Apr 4 00:57:30 GMT 2007

jswitzer at gmail.com wrote:
> A logical extension to the update checker is for it to automatically
> download and install the updated version.
>
> -Jason

Actually I would not agree with the automatic downloading purely because some plugin's (like mine - WPG2) have depend on external applications as well thus suddenly a new version has been automatically rolled in and things no longer work the way they should..

I feel we need to be able to option within the serialisation of the plugin if autoupdating is possible or instead generate a link to the plugin project page with the wordpress extend plugin system.

WPG2 2.0 Installation, Operation & FAQ Documentation (http://wpg2.galleryembedded.com/)