[wp-hackers] creating plugin urls which function as a callback?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Apr 3 13:47:42 GMT 2007

Burobjorn wrote:
> Which filter or action do I need before I can use new urls such as
> mywordpressinstall.test/new/?
>
> Basically I would like to create new urls for my plugin and have the url
> function as a callback. Any clues on how to achieve this or does this
> does not make any sense?

I am not sure what you mean by a "callback", but the functions you
need to call to set up WordPress to recognize new URL structures are
in wp-includes/rewrite.php. You might also benefit from reading this
brand new article on the Codex that explains how WordPress parses URLs
and decides what posts to display (and how plugins can modify the
process):

http://codex.wordpress.org/Query_Overview

     Jennifer