[wp-hackers] get_header vs include header.php

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Thu Sep 28 16:26:17 GMT 2006

Trevor Turk wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone on this list has had a similar problem. Also, if
> anyone happens to come across this again, it's nice to know there is a
> workaround. I'm not user why this difference would make-or-break stuff,
> since get_header() should just be doing a similar thing to using a php
> include()...?

Remember, when using get_header() you will lose a lot of previously
defined variables because the inclusion happens inside a function.

The list of what variables do get "globaled" in to your include is in
the function load_template here

  - http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/wp-includes/theme.php

(For the dev branch, anyway)

--