[wp-hackers] get_header vs include header.php

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 15:19:25 GMT 2006

I'm working on some very funky stuff in a theme, and I found one strange
thing just by accident. Certain things I do, like self-submitting forms
don't work if I use the get_header() function, but they work just fine if I
use a regular php include('header.php') or what have you.

I was wondering if anyone on this list has had a similar problem. Also, if
anyone happens to come across this again, it's nice to know there is a
workaround. I'm not user why this difference would make-or-break stuff,
since get_header() should just be doing a similar thing to using a php
include()...?

- Trevor