[wp-hackers] usermeta

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:38:28 GMT 2006

On 9/27/06, Mark Brennand <mark at activeingredient.com.au> wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> > Does anyone know of a good resource (codex, support forum, existing
> plugins) that could clue me in on how to interact with the usermeta table?
>
> There is one at http://dev.wp-plugins.org/wiki/Usermeta that I think will
> help you out.

Actually, isn't that plugin just for WordPress 1.5, before the
usermeta tables were included?

The usermeta table seems pretty simple: you have three columns of
importance: one for user ids, one for the meta key, and another for
the meta value.

get_usermeta( $user_id, $meta_key = '') returns the meta information,
given a user id and the key value.

update_usermeta( $user_id, $meta_key, $meta_value ) updates the meta
value for a specific user, meta key