[wp-hackers] atom 1.0 support? + dev interest + howto get involved

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Sun Sep 24 13:12:27 GMT 2006

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Is the APP final yet? I know the syndication format is, but I think the
> publishing protocol is still in development.

I'm not familiar enough with the language of task forces and drafts to
decipher how complete the format is.  Considering that they've updated
the spec in September, I'm guessing that they're still working on it.
Just because it's in flux doesn't mean that we can't target it for
implementation when the spec is finally approved.

> I think this was the best APP implementation I've seen thus far:
>
> http://torrez.us/archives/2006/08/23/487/
>
> Works as a plugin.

This is the only attempt I've seen to even try it, and it's still
missing quite a bit, significantly media support.  I would certainly
much rather see efforts like these than yet another Atom syndication patch.

Owen