[wp-hackers] Post Crashes WP, Can't Edit, Can't Publish

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Sep 21 22:23:47 GMT 2006

On 9/21/06, Justin Moore <wantmoore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> > It's REALLY long, but if I "Save and Continue" it as a *page*, it'll go through.
> > I've unchecked "Attempt to notify any Weblogs linked to from the
> > article (slows down posting.)" although it shouldn't matter (though
> > the post has many links I'm still saving it as a draft, so it
> > shouldn't ping....)
>
> I'm no hacker, but I'm not sure that  "Attempt to notify any Weblogs
> linked to from the article" on the Options > Discussion page stops WP
> from pinging the sites listed at Options > General. To me, it would
> appear that options stops pingbacks/trackbacks linked to in the actual
> post but still would ping any update services listed. Do you have any
> ping services listed in Options > General.
>
> --
> Justin Moore
> aka wantmoore

Yes, I do. But they're not the problem (refer to previous emails in
conve for details, but basically I can post anyhting and it'll work -
but not this one article. I disnbaleed that checkbox in particular
because my article has a lot of links...)

Simply: Saved it as a page
http://neosmart.net/blog/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=262
that uri works perfect
http://neosmart.net/blog/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=262
this one just hangs.

It doesn't make sense. The data is IN the SQL server, its not being
stored, not actions are negin taken> data should be pulled from the
DB, and displayed on teh write pael. but something is stopping that
from happengin. Not sure what. Is the requesting code for post.php
different from page.php???

its definitely WP, there is nothing left, and itss certainly a bug.

(forgive my spelling please, this isn't my laptop, and i hate qwerty!!)

--
Computer Guru
Founder