[wp-hackers] RTE

spencer spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 08:46:59 GMT 2006

Coming in on this a bit late, but..

RE: The adding it to the Write Post section, sounds like a nice idea! Would
make it so much simpler when trying to explain to the users on the forums,
about where to go to turn it on or off.

However, if you're going to keep it, (please keep in mind, I didn't read any
of the list discussion on this previously, busy with other stuff.) Make it
OFF for default maybe...

After I had done over 30 WordPress installs for people already.. out of
those 30, I left the RTE ON for one person, only to get an email later that
their blog was screwed up. So, I went into their blog CP, cleaned up ALL 12
posts, because they decided to copy/paste from something like MS WORD..

I know it's not "our" fault though, but..after handling support threads of
"My blog's messed up! HELP!!" And it turns out they *usually* copy/pasting
from a word processor, right into the RTE.. "we've" come to find out, they
didn't know how to turn off the RTE, or they knew.. but didn't care about
it...sigh. IMHO, If all possible.. maybe make it OFF for default.. and have
it added in the Write Post window?

spencerp
p.s. If ya rip my head off, can I get it back before later today.. I'll need
it then. ;) =P I just wanted to throw out my thoughts and such.. =)