[wp-hackers] RTE

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 16 15:46:36 GMT 2006

I think the best route would be similar to option B, but also allowing an
option in the Profile or whatever that totally turns off the loading of
TinyMCE (ie - it isn't even an option).

The one problem I do see with the tinyMCE/html area switching is how tinyMCE
cleans the html code. You can write a full page and then click on the view
html button and you get a single line of code. If someone changes midstream
(similar to Blogger), then they would switch back to some highly condensed
HTML. Also this would apply to someone trying to do something such as
embedding video, such as YouTube, as TinyMCE totally hacks that code up to
the point it doesn't work. I don't know if there is an option that can be
set in TinyMCE to prevent that or not.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net