[wp-hackers] [Pretty OT]May I be the first to console Owen...

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Sep 15 04:35:22 GMT 2006

Ooo - ouch... Sorry man...  I've yet to hear of a chance were anyone's
raid system saved them from a faulty drive.  I'm sure it happens.  Cool
hot swappable technology or not, I've heard of four raid systems going
bad - counting yours - and each time the whole array had to be rebuilt
from external backups.  Other than for speed benefits, I'd feel safer
with a good backup regimen.

For recent posts, if you were setup to send complete articles, you'd
probably be better asking your rss subscribers to send you what they've
got - that assumes you don't have an RSS feed on your new server that
might wipe out their data.  Archive.org is a year old.